Saturday, March 9, 2013

It's Beginning To Look a lot Like Christmas

Every year we go and see Santa and Mrs. Claus fly in to the mall in a helicopter. It's an exciting way to start the Christmas season.

The girls spotted the helicopter!
 
Yay! Santa landed!
 
Santa & Mrs. Claus waving to the crowd.
Esther & I with all the wiggly kids waiting for Santa to make it to us to shake their hands.
 
Our family.
 
Isla & Aubrey having shoulder rides while we wait.


 
Santa made it to us! Both girls very thrilled to see Santa this year and not timid at all!
 
Isla on the other hand was a little timid. Good thing her mommy was there to keep her safe.
 
Saying "Hi" to Mrs. Claus.
 
Then we went home to decorate. The girls decorated the trees pretty much all on their own. I wasn't feeling well, I had a cold and was barely pregnant, and feeling exhausted. My girls were thrilled about all the decorating and kept me going so we could get it done.
 
The girls with their masterpiece!
 
On to the next tree! I think my girls could have decorated for days and not gotten tired of it. In fact everyday for a week they'd ask if I found any more decorations they could put out.

Aubrey putting the star on top of one tree.
 
Brooke putting the star on top of the other tree.
 
Next was setting up all of the Nativities - and I have lots!
 
The girls went to town getting them all set up.

I'm glad my girls were big enough to help and motivate me this year, otherwise it may have taken me weeks to get it all done! And it sure is nice to have the house all decked out all month for Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...