Saturday, March 12, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Charms

I seriously LOVE throwing birthday parties for my girls. As soon as Christmas is over I start planning their parties. Aubrey told me that she wants a Strawberry Shortcake party. She helped me plan the whole thing. I thought it would be really fun for the girls to make charm bracelets with the fruit that represents each of the Strawberry Shortcake characters. I searched everywhere for fruit charms or beads. I could not find what I wanted so I decided to just make them myself. I ended up having a lot of fun making the charms and am pleased with how they turned out.

I just used white polymer clay and then hand painted them. I topped them off with gloss acrylic.
So we have, Strawberries (Strawberry Shortcake), Raspberries (Raspberry Torte), Plums (Plum Pudding), Oranges (Orange Blossom), Blueberries (Blueberry Muffin) & Lemon (Lemon Meringue).

I'm sure I'll be sharing more of my party prep. as I go along. Including her Strawberry Shortcake costume. Aubrey decided that's what she wants to be for Halloween, so I am making it early so she can wear it at her party too. I completed the hat and some green and white striped legwarmers that turned out really cute. As soon as I make the dress, I'll post some pics.

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

You are seriously my inspiration! I'm planning a ladybug party for Ava's 1st this Friday and I've already decided that I want to do a Strawberry Shortcake and a Rainbow Brite party too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...