Monday, May 9, 2011

A Very Nice Mother's Day


First thing in the morning both my girls very excitedly wished me a "Happy Mother's Day." They love special days.
Then Jeff made me a very nice breakfast, sausage biscuits and waffles.

Then we were off to church where Aubrey sang a Mother's Day song with the other primary children and the youth and Elder's took over all of primary so that all the women could participate in Sunday School & Relief Society. That's always a nice treat. We were also given some pretty flowers. (Usually we get a brunch, but it was fast Sunday today so they had to change the plans)

 When we got home from church the girls both gave me their cards. (Actually they also made cards in primary & nursery that they were excited to give me. Aubrey even signed her own name at the bottom. She's getting so good at that.)

Here's Aubrey giving me her card.

Brookie giving me her card.

Jeff had taken the girls out shopping and had them pick out some little things for me. Aubrey was so excited to have me see everything that she got for me.

This is me seeing the surprise gift from Jeff -  a new blender. We have gone through so many blenders that Jeff got me a much nicer heavy duty one. Here's hoping that this one lasts longer!

On a side note; I had been wondering if Brooke's hair was long enough to braid. I gave it a try today and thought it looked adorable!

Later Jeff made us dinner - Chicken Cordon Bleu, mashed potatoes & veggies. A very yummy dinner.

Thanks Jeff, Aubrey & Brookie for making my Mother's day so special!!

I hope everybody else had as nice of a Mother's day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...