Sunday, September 30, 2012

Preschool Letter B

 When I told Brooke that we were going to have preschool at our house on the first week she said that she wanted to learn about butterflies, make butterflies and make bugs out of fruit. I think she really liked the bug lesson I did for Aubrey's class in May! Instead of redoing the bug lesson, I decided to select the letter B and incorporate the things she requested.

Here's our cute little class, ready to begin. (Aubrey is only in the class when it is at our house - otherwise she gets mommy time and I am loving the alone time with her.)

 Brooke showing the Blue Bird that she brought for show and tell.

Practicing writing the letter B.

 Playing the B animal game. I printed off pictures of animals that begin with the letter B. They took turns picking one and then they all acted like the animal. They had a lot of fun with this. 

Being  either birds or butterflies in this one.
  
Either Bobcats or Beetles in this one.

Growling like Bears

Being Boa Constrictors.


Being Bucks with big antlers.

Cute little Baboons
 

Bobcats

 Buzzing Bees

Then they colored a picture of a Bear, Butterfly & Bat with Brown, Blue & Black crayons.

Then we were a band and sang, "Boa Constrictor, Baby Bumblebee & Wheels on the Bus.


Then I read them this book about the life cycle of a Butterfly.

 And then we made butterflies. First they painted a clothespin black for the body.


Then they filled a plastic bag with colored pom poms and squished bright colored tissue paper.

 Then I helped them glue on antennae and fasten the clip onto the wings. Here's some completed plastic Bag Butterflies.

Then they decorated a Big letter B with beads, buttons and bow tie pasta.

Gluing is so much fun!

Before class began I had hidden several pictures of things that started with the letter B. I gave them all Brown paper bags and had them hunt for the B object pictures.


Then they glued their pictures onto black and blue construction paper and made their own B Books.


Then it was snack time. I sliced up berries and bananas and told them they were to make bugs out of them. This is the example I made for them.

They went right to town making their bugs. What kid doesn't love getting to play with their food!

When each would finish their creation they would show me and ask for their picture to be taken before eating it. Too cute!




Fun times for our first day of preschool this year! Brookie had a great time and that makes it all worth it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...