Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chicken Apple Bites

 This girl . . .

 Yeah the nutty one wearing 3 tutus, a princess dress, a Santa hat and a backpack . . .
 
 loves Chicken Nuggets. She'll ask for them everyday. She has been having some tummy trouble, so I have been trying to cut out a lot of the processed food, to see if that will help her. My friend Rachel shared this recipe with me and the girls just love it. I love that it's all fresh food and the girls love that it tastes like Chicken Nuggets. Win Win. I have a bunch in my freezer ready for when Aubrey requests her favorite Chicken nuggets.

Chicken and apple bites Makes 20
1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1/2 red onion finely chopped
1tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1 Cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
1tbsp concentrated chicken stock
wholemeal flour for coating
groundnut oil for shallow frying (or you can use sunflower oil)

1.Spread the apple out on a clean tea towel/muslin cloth and press out all the excess moisture.

2.Put the chicken, apple, onion, parsley, breadcrumbs and stock in a food processor and pulse briefly until well combined.

3.Spread the flour out on a plate. Divide the mixture into 20 mini portions, shape each portion into a ball and roll in the flour.

4.Heat a little oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the balls for 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown all over and cooked through. Remove and drain on kitchen paper and serve hot or cold.

 The only change I made was that I baked them instead of frying them. 375 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes. 

Rachel suggested using ground chicken instead of chicken breasts. I will definitely do that next time because I only have an itty bitty food processor and it was kind of a nightmare getting it all processed.

1 comment:

The Mann Family said...

Oh those sound yummy! And Parker will only eat chicken nuggets...so annoying! Thanks for posting the recipe. We will definitely be trying these soon. Great idea to bake them...I would do the same thing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...