Friday, December 2, 2011

More Christmas Fun

 The girls were so happy to get to do a little more decorating, when I got out the dollar store window clings!



Then they asked, do you have any more Christmas things we can do? Thankfully the answer was "yes" because I had also bought some ornaments they could make at the dollar store. They are those melty stained glass ones that I used to make as a kid. So fun. They loved them!


Aubrey's finished Penguin ornament.

Brooke's finished Candy Cane.

Then we wrote their Santa Letters.

 I never was that into writing Letters to Santa - I think it's because I don't like the idea that they are telling Santa what they want instead of being happy with whatever he gives . . .

 
 . . . But when I heard about the "Believe" mailboxes at Macy's a couple years back, I decided it was OK to write a letter. Especially since Santa asks them what they want whenever they see him anyway.
If you mail a stamped letter to Santa in the mailboxes at Macy's they donate $1 to the Make A Wish Foundation. It's such an awesome foundation and such an easy way to make a contribution. Plus my girls think it's really fun to mail their letters in a special mailbox!

Off go their letters!


Outside of Macy's is a little pond and the girls saw money in it. They asked what it was for. So, I gave them each a penny, told them to make a wish and throw it in. They thought that was super fun!

Then we went and saw Santa! (They didn't let me take my own picture this year :(. They seem to change their rules every year.) But, the girls loved seeing him and Brooke wasn't scared a bit! So fun!

And what's a trip to the mall without a visit to the play area!?





The girls were so excited to get to start their Advent Calendars yesterday!

What kid doesn't love a piece of chocolate first thing in the morning! Thanks daddy for getting these for the girls!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...