Wednesday, May 30, 2012

We LOVE Ice Skating

When Aubrey learned to Ice Skate on our Mommy Daughter date, she was disappointed I didn't bring my camera to document it. The next day Aubrey had been so helpful that I thought I'd take the girls one more time so I could get Aubrey's new skills on video. I even convinced Esther to come with Isla. We got there early figuring we could get 2 walkers, one for Esther and Isla (Esther doesn't skate) and one for Brooke. I figured Aubrey might like one time around with the walker to get the feel of it and then she'd be off and Brooke could use it the rest of the time. Well, when we got there all the walkers were already taken. Esther opted to not skate since it would be impossible for her to do so with a baby and no walker. I went out with the girls who were both timid without the walker.


Playing peek-a-boo with Isla!

Little Miss Piggy!

Me and my cutie skaters!

It wasn't going so well at first, that I wondered if we would end up staying long. Finally after about 45 min., someone gave their walker to Brooke - Hallelujah!


And at about that same time Aubrey got her confidence back and was off skating away. The next hour was lots of fun and I was glad we went one more time before our passes expired!

Even Brooke braved skating on her own a little!

Here's Aubrey skating away. Lots of adults were pointing her out to their kids who were trying to learn and telling her she was such a good skater for a 5 year old. That made her feel really excited!

Here's my Brookie taking off!

The two cuties skating together.

Aubrey doing her little trick around the cone. (She wanted to set up several to weave around, but the whistle had just blown to get off the ice.)

More little clips of my cute little skaters!











I'm so glad I braved the ice. We had such a fun time with our free month of skating. It's become one of Aubrey and my favorite past times!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...