Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Super Girls

 My girls were invited to 2 super hero parties 2 weekends in a row. For both parties they were supposed to come dressed as a super hero. We have nothing super hero at our house. I decided I'd try and whip something up. I didn't have much time or money and had been feeling pretty sick, so I had to keep it really simple. (that's something I'm not very good at!)

I knew I had some iron on transfer paper, and lots of left over hot pink felt from some poodle skirts I made the girls. So I went to a thrift store and got them both a t-shirt for $1 each. I made up a little super hero logo, printed it off on the iron on transfer paper and ironed them on. I found a quick and easy tutorial for capes. I happened to have the exact right amount of material for both capes. Since I was working with felt I didn't even have to sew anything. I even used press on velcro to close the cape. I paired their shirts and capes with tutu's I had made for them years ago and pink leggings they already owned. They also both had silver sparkle shoes and I put pink sparkle eyeshadow on their eyelids and sides of face to complete the ensemble. After all was said and done I spent $2 and 2 hours for 2 super hero costumes for 2 girls going to 2 parties. I think they turned out pretty cute too! And I proved to myself I am capable of doing something quick and easy!

Here's Super Aubrey & Super Brooke

 Close ups on their logos.


Excited to run off to their party!

Look at all those cute super heroes!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...