Thursday, April 7, 2011

Preschool - Letter I

This week I was in charge of Preschool. We learned about the letter "i".

After we practiced saying the letter and writing the letter. We did our show and tell and talked about words that start with i.

Then I read to them "Immi's Gift." (It's about an Eskimo who decorates her Igloo with all of the colorful things she finds.)


Then we made Igloo's out of Styrofoam balls. Well actually, I made the Igloo's while they painted the little penguins and Eskimos that I made out of polymer clay for them.

Then they glued on their Eskimo & Penguin

Here's Aubrey's finished Igloo.
  

Then I read them, "To the Island"

 After we read we made an Island collage.

First the colored the sun yellow. Then they glued on sand paper that I had cut out in the shape of a palm tree trunk.

Then they painted the water with blue glitter paint.

 Then they painted on some elmer's glue on the shore and shook on some sand. I just put some sandbox sand in an old spice jar. (This was all of their favorite part.)

Then they glued on some fake leaves on their Pam tree.

 Here's Aubrey's completed Island.

For a snack we had Ice pops. I just froze some white grape juice in Popsicle forms. We called them Ice Pops because they had to start with the letter i!

The kids all loved them!
 
While they ate their Ice pops we played I-spy. Then when they were done I had a bag of musical Instruments for them to play with.

It was a real fun preschool day!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...