Thursday, April 7, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

Several months ago Aubrey posed me this questions, "When I was 2 I had a Pooh bear party, when I was 3 I had a Minnie Mouse party, what kind of party am I going to have when I am 4?" So I asked her what she wanted and she replied, "Strawberry Shortcake." She also informed me that she wanted to be Strawberry Shortcake for Halloween as well. So, I decided to make her Halloween costume early so she could also wear it at her party. I just finished tonight and am thrilled with the result!


I crocheted the hat and leg warmers back in January (I think). I found the wig for $6 at Big Lots. (It was a Little Mermaid wig.) The shoes I got for a few bucks on ebay. (I decided to go with sneakers so she would be more warm and comfortable trick or treating.) For the dress I bought a t-shirt at Target and a little strip of red and green fabric. I cut out the diamond and strawberry shapes and used Heat 'n bond to iron them on. I couldn't find pink with red dot fabric, so I bought pink fabric and painted on the red dots. I made the skirt a bit longer then Strawberry Shortcake's both to be a little more modest and because I figure she'll grow some in the next 6 months. Anyway, I was so excited I had to share some pics.

Aubrey had fun posing for the camera!



2 comments:

Karen said...

Now that is adoarble. Can you make another same size? Or Blueberry Muffin? Or Lemon Merguine? The possiblities are endless.

Lyndee W. said...

Adorable! I'm totally wanting to do Rainbow Brite for Ava next year! Eeee! Little girls are so much fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...