Sunday, October 30, 2011

Carving Jack O Lanterns

 I LOVE holiday traditions! Life would be so boring without them. I believe it is so important for family bonding to have holiday traditions. I love how my girls get so excited for them. Aubrey now remembers all of our traditions from last year and excitedly tells Brooke all about them. And Brooke gets so excited for the newness of them! At the beginning of the week I told the girls we would carve Jack O Lanterns on Saturday. Brooke literally asked me a few times every day if it were Saturday yet - she was so excited to carve Jack O Lanterns!

 A few days before, I got the girls on the Internet to pick out our Jack O Lantern patterns. Brooke immediately found the Snow White pattern and was excited to make that one. So, Aubrey of course, wanted Strawberry Shortcake to match her costume as well. I searched and searched the web and could not find a Strawberry Shortcake template. So, I decided to try and make my own. I was excited to try out my template to see how it would turn out.

Here are my cuties with their completed Jack O' Lanterns!

Carving off the top.

I gave the girls the important job of fishing out the seeds, since they are not quite big enough to use the big knives.

They took to their job and went to town!

Then we turned on "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and poked out our templates.

The cutest little poking buddy around!

Brooke was so excited to use the poker tool!


Daddy's cutest little helper!

Yay we finished!!

Those girls are just delicious! And our Jack O Lanterns turned out pretty cute as well!

Matchy Matchy costumes and Jack O Lantern's! I'll have to get a pic tomorrow with the girls in their costumes and their matching Jack O Lanterns.

Daddy's did a great job with Snow White!

And I was very pleased with how my Strawberry Shortcake turned out.

I took a few more pics once it got dark. Here are our masterpieces!

 

Now the girls can't wait to trick or treat tomorrow!! And I can't wait to try out my clean eating, baked Donuts!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...