Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dinosaur Museum

 A few weeks ago we were at the library and read a story about paleontologists digging for dinosaur bones. Aubrey was absolutely fascinated by it and really wanted to dig for bones herself. We happen to have a large dinosaur museum not too far from where we live and Rachel told me that they have a spot for kids to dig for dino bones. I knew we had to go and let Aubrey dig for bones!




Having fun at the erosion table.


Building dinosaurs


Building even a bigger dinosaur.



Posing with their dinosaur creation.

Brooke was fascinated by this whale.

Digging for bones.

Aubrey was thrilled and could have stayed there all day. She was disappointed that she couldn't take the bones home. She told me, "When I'm bigger I want to dig for dinosaur bones that I can take home."

Rachel and kids had to leave before us, so we started back at the beginning. This time we caught the motion exhibit.
These girls could have stayed forever throwing the ball into the hole.


There is a dark room that you walk on a bridge and you are completely surrounded head to toe by stars. The girls were a little timid at first, but then loved it!


This was Brooke's favorite part of the museum and the reason why we went through it again. 



Back behind is a little stream with real fish. Brooke LOVED it!



What a fun day we had at the Dinosaur museum. I'm glad my Aubrey got to dig for bones!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...